Friday, May 02, 2008

Sk8rGurl and Northrup

The theater ... ah the theater! Actors and the theater

I spend a fair amount of time capturing theatrical productions. Yes, that's me - in the back of the hall with a long lens snapping hundreds of images. Beautiful costumes and lighting, striking poses and expressions make memorable images.

But the images that I capture after the production, when the actors have left the stage often produce some incredible candid shots. Because actors just keep on acting.

Recently I photographed a production by the Prospect Players, a community theater group in Norwood MA. After the show I was speaking with two of the actors, snapping a few more shots and they just couldn't come out of character.

I think it was more an appreciation of each other's talent. But for me, it was an opportunity to capture some magic.