Friday, May 08, 2009

Family First

The simple family cook-out. That Sunday afternoon get together, so simple, yet so special.

I was asked to shoot one such event this past Easter, this past Greek Easter. I mention that because of the wonderful lamb that they served. I could smell it as I got out of my car and headed up the drive way, asking some of the kids if this was the right house. They wouldn't say ... I guess I had that look. It's a stranger!

Great family images were everywhere. The deep conversations, the kids chasing each other, Mom's kissing their kids and others remembering when their kids were young enough that they would still allow their Mom's to kiss them.

I'm so honored to be asked to photograph these types of events, I guess the people think that I do it for them .... when actually I get so much more in return