Monday, July 16, 2012

Kelly Newman - Actress, Director {Headshots}

One of the first things I do before an actor's headshot session is to check out their FaceBook page. I want to see how they smile when they're hanging with their friends, how they dress when they're out at a club and the way that they naturally stand.

I learned over the years that actors get cast for the part that they look right for before they'll get cast for a part that they try to look right for.
But I have to get on the subject of this post!   Kelly Newman. The actress and director.
Kelly has a great smile and a killer " I'll kick your butt" stare ... which I told her is my favorite look.  It's so important to show both confidence [without looking mean] and still be approachable.
And Kelly has that look down without even trying.
 
So remember to spend some time working with your expressions in a mirror before your headshot session. You need to know how it feels when you smile just the way you want. The smile that will get you an awesome part!