Monday, March 14, 2011

Christmas 2010 - Take the time to Smile - Dan Busler

For me - I feel that there is no holiday more tied to "family" than Christmas.  I know it's a religious holiday - and the one that my family celebrates - so for you it might be another holiday that means "family". But for me ... it's Christmas.

Christmas is the one time of the year when people give themselves "a hall pass" ... a waiver ... to stop the rat race and look at the lights on the tree. Listen to to holiday music and take the time to smile at each other.

Since my children are now grown and have fantastic careers I now put up a fake Christmas tree. It's kind of thin and crooked .  But it holds a lifetime of memories of early Christmas morning ... wrapping paper flying in the air as presents are opened, screams of joy as the kids get the present they asked for and hugs.  It is a good day.  

I am writing this as the spring season is just around the corner (it had better be!) . it's kind of sad for me to look at these images and know that the little tree and ornaments are packed away until next year. And I'm afraid so is the "hall pass" to stop and smile.