Friday, April 06, 2012

Rich Morton Brings his Class on A Field Trip to the Studio

Rich Morton, a good friend and fellow photographer brought his photography class by the studio to learn more about posing and lighting.  So of course we started outside with sunlight - an excellent light source ... and wicked bright!

Then it was time to ride "the tower of terror" freight elevator up to my studio, which I guess by the look on their faces was fairly exciting ! We used strobes and constant light sources and I got to get some awesome shots of the class for my portfolio. ( now where did I put all of their signed client releases ... hmmmm )

With classes like this one, I like to show them that "light is light" and that it's how you light the subject and not what light you use that can make a great image possible.


Rich (by the way) is an awesome character actor ... he's the one making the faces in the video.