Sunday, December 29, 2013

As the year comes to a close

As the year comes to a close - I remind myself that I didn't choose to be a photographer (or a musician for that matter) - I was drawn to it. 

And you might feel the same about what you do in life. At least, I hope that you do.


Sometimes the moments of our lives rush by us so fast and it's all that we can do to just "live in the moment" .  Our memories blur and soon, begin to fade away.  But a photograph waits patiently, it lets us catch up and see, hold, experience and enjoy all of those precious moments that we might otherwise have missed.

So take a photograph of all the moments in your life. The small events, the major events and even the sad ones. 


For years I was a bit embarrassed and hid the fact that I loved looking into my client's eyes and seeing what I consider, the truth.

It wasn't until I saw this quote from Annie Leibovitz that I realized that I wasn't alone ...  "A thing that you see in my pictures is that I was not afraid to fall in love with these people."


So as this year comes to a close - I thank God for how lucky I am to be a photographer.