Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Dons at Bad Abbotts with Mike Macchi

I've been photographing The Dons; a rock band from Boston, MA for a number of years. Originally the line-up included Mike and Matt Macchi and two of their friends , but Mike left the band about a year ago and moved to California. Matt took that opportunity to start fresh with new members .



One night recently the Dons welcomed Mike Macchi back on stage for a performance at Bad Abbotts in Quincy MA. This was a place very familiar to The Dons, seeing that they still play there about once a month.



I think that the Dons audience miss Mike Macchi. Mike is a performer that has a mutual love affair with his fans. The best performers do in my opinion.

There was no introduction that Mike was on stage ... the band just launched in their first song and we all sat back ... well I went into action ... shooting images of Mike and the band.

I knew that I wanted to capture this night. I knew that it was going to be special. And the funny thing was that it didn't feel special, it just seemed great.

Here is a link to a slideshow/video of images from the night. Now you can sit back and enjoy.

The Dons at Bad Abbotts with Mike Macchi