Thursday, October 19, 2006

Nikon Hat

Rosanne Pinnella
Last Saturday I attended a Nikon Master class led by world famous travel photographer Rosanne Pinnella.
Travel and people photography is all about getting the subject comfortable with you taking their picture or in getting to the right place at the right time to get a magnificent photo that will end up on the cover of National Geographic.
Rosanne's photos are full of rich colors, sharp focus and excellent composition. Well the ones that end up in magazine's, on billboards and travel sites are any way. But you ask her something technical about her camera and she'll tell you "I learn what I need to know and bring the manuals for what I don't remember". Hey, just like me ...I said to myself.
I like being around "masters", they are excited to have reached where they are. Most also realize how far they still must go.
As for the Nikon hat they gave me ... I'm a Canon shooter, and that's like being a Democrat, which I also am. But I think I'll keep the hat so that I can wear it if I ever need to enter "the enemy camp" again.