Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Two People that I Admire

Of all of the kings and Nobel prize winners, Presidents, teachers, ...photographers and musicians that I have known ... well known of anyway. Two people stand out as those I most admire.


My children were born considerate and caring. But after all they are brother and sister, so publicly they hate each other. But without any fanfare they are persuing their careers. My son (the hockey player/teacher/science wiz) is in grad school studying to be a nurse practitioner and my daugher (the actress/hockey player/redhead) is in Europe studying acting.

Do it without a fanfare. That's what they taught me. Make a difference, persue your dreams, give a gift that is so deeply special that the recipient is speechless. The fanfare is such a waste of time and energy. All it gets you is false adoration. which is something both of them steer clear of.

I hope that the fanfare finds them, I'd like them to have it all. The money, the fame, the cover of Newsweek. But they'll avoid the press conference I'll bet.