Sunday, August 12, 2012

Pedro Marraguin - El Gallito de Oro {Performance}

If only I spoke Spanish as well as Pedro Marraguin [who calls himself  "El Gallito de Oro" which after I translated it is  "The Golden Cockerel"] spoke English.  ... and his English is ... a challenge. HA!
Pedro is a Mexican performer I met when I  was photographing a Mexican fiesta night event recently.  His band included two other musicians and a boy who was either the relative of one of the band or a protege ... I couldn't tell.  OK,  I couldn't figure it out seeing that when I asked Pedro we had a language issue.  [ yes,  you can insert a "HA!" here ]
 
 
 
As you can see from the images, their clothing was colorful, tailored and had a lot of bling! The music they played was a wonderful mix of Mexican with just a touch of Texas.
 
The whole band moved through the crowd and serenaded us with songs that most of the crowd knew. And Pedro smiled all the time.  This is happy music! 
Pedro did give me his card, so let me know if you want his number. I do suggest that you speak Spanish, because as good as his English is,  it's not that good ...HA!