Saturday, August 25, 2012

Tony and Cleo - Medfield Gazebo Players - August 2012

"Of all the gin joints in all the world" ... Tony had to walk into Cleo's! 

Yes Anthony and Cleopatra ... Greece and Rome came together in this romantic romp as told by the bard William Shakespeare and performed by the Medfield Gazebo Players. 
 
I was just there to see the show, but I knew that this performance was going to be interesting so I brought my camera.
This group does such a good job, the sound, costumes and performances were really nice.  I knew a number of the actors and I know how hard they worked on this performance.
 
The weather report was for rain - but not until later - so the performance was held outside.  
 
Well they almost got the whole thing in, but just before Cleo has her great dying scene the thunder sounded, the skies opened up and I made a beeline, with camera safely inside my shirt,  for the dryness of my car.
So I guess that I'll never know if Cleo and this play have a tragic end.  ... oh she does?  (HA!)